TRI-TOWN TEACHERS FCU is pleased to announce that we have the capability to offer Health Savings Accounts to our members. We invite our members to consider moving their Health Savings Accounts to Tri-Town Teachers FCU. For a member to avail himself or herself of our Health Savings Account offer, existing members just need to set up the HSA account with us, then arrange for a DIRECT TRANSFER from their current provider to their Health Savings Account at TTTFCU.
If you are not currently a member, you will need to join our credit union and then we can set up the Health Savings Account for you.
Tri-Town Teachers Health Savings Account offer:
- NO FEES–No initial, monthly or annual fee for the HSA
- Accounts balances over $100–$4999.99 receive interest of .25% APR paid monthly
- Accounts balances over $5,000-$24,999.99 receive interest of .75% APR paid monthly
- Account balances over $25,000 receive interest of 1.50% APR paid monthly
- Deposits and withdrawals are tracked and coded-according to the nature of the transaction, for end of year reporting to the IRS.
- Members will receive Form 1099-SA at the end of each year providing gross distribution information.
- Options available for payment to cover eligible Medical Expenses:
Use our Visa Platinum Rewards Credit Card (earn rewards points and pay no annual fees) with DOUBLE POINTS, 5 MONTHS EACH YEAR. Our Credit Card provides a year-end statement with purchase summaries and transaction details by categories. One of the categories is HEALTHCARE. This will summarize the purchases you make so you can transfer funds from your HSA account to cover expenses. Check under “Borrow”-for detailed information as well as the features and benefits of our Visa Platinum Rewards Credit Card.
FOR MORE DETAILS, VIEW OUR HSA BROCHURE HERE
Set up a HSA Checking Account and we will provide you with 50 initial free checks for use.
Use our Online Bill Pay to make payments for eligible Medical Expenses. This allows for recurring payments for medical expenses such as prescription drugs or other recurring medical expenses to come directly out of your HSA account if you prefer.
EMPLOYEES OF THE WESTPORT, WESTON & WILTON BOE’s; WESTPORT TOWN EMPLOYEES; SEVERAL OTHER EMPLOYEE GROUPS and ASSOCIATIONS ARE ELIGIBLE TO JOIN TTTFCU:
It’s easy to join our Credit Union. Here are the steps:
The Regular Savings Account is your Master Account that establishes your account with us.
After opening your Regular Savings Account we will add a suffix for your Health Savings Account. We will discuss with you if you wish to set up a checking account associated with the HSA Account or if you just want to make transfers to another account that you will use to make Medical Payments.
Others Accounts we can open for you:
- Regular Checking Account (Share Draft)-Free Checking-no fees
- Debit Card Associated with your Regular Checking Account-no fees and no surcharges when using over 55,000 ATM’s on the CU24.com Network (at CVS, Walgreens, 7/Eleven, Target stores, etc.)
- Visa Platinum Rewards Credit Card Account—No Annual Fees
- Home Equity Line of Credit
- Loan Accounts (Personal or Auto Loans)
- As a not for profit financial cooperative, we only care about helping members, not lining the pockets of shareholders!
For US Treasury – Health Savings Accounts
Information & Forms
Any eligible member is welcome to come to or office between 9am and 4:30am to open their accounts with us.
VIEW OUR HSA BROCHURE HERE
For more information about HSA Accounts check out this article by USA Today HERE
Any questions regarding HEALTH SAVINGS ACCOUNTS may be directed to any of our employees at the credit union by calling 203-227-8511 during business hours, 9am-4:30pm, Monday-Friday.